Humidity control at the production of cheese
The best way to solve problems at the production of cheese
How to stop the processes which deteriorate the quality of cheese during production?
How to accelerate the production process?
In order to achieve all these goals, it is necessary to reach the optimum humidity during production and storage of cheese!
Uncontrolled humidity creates problems of drying cheese at the ripening, and during storage:
- development of mildew on cheese;
- rotting of the rind;
- softening of the cheese dough;
- excessive ammonia taste and smell;
- growth of putrefying bacteria on the cheese rind .
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by dessicant method during drying, ripening and storing of cheese.
This problem is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group, which is confirmed by their successful usage at cheese factories of Ukraine.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group, European manufacturer of high-tech industrial dehumidifiers, well-accounted for in many industries, produces the most advanced equipment for effective control of humidity at the production and storage of cheese.
Using the desiccant rotor technology of air drying in drying chambers allows to achieve the recommended relative humidity RH <75% at the air temperature of 8-12°С. The kind of cheese should be taken into account.
Using desiccant dehumidifiers in fermentation /cooling chambers maintains the recommended relative humidity and the necessary airflow conditions during ripening and storage of cheese:
|Stages of production / storage||The relative humidity, RH,%||Temperature conditions, ° C.|
|Salting period||Up to 80%||8-12°С.|
|Beginning of ripening||80-85%||12-15°С.|
|End of ripening||75-80%||10-12°С.|
|Storage in refrigerator up to 12 months.||75-80%||-3°С.|
Desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group will effectively control the preset humidity mode at any temperatures.
Installation of DT Group equipment
- accelerates formation of the protective rind on the surface of cheese;
- prevents mildew;
- reduces loss of cheese weight after drying;
- creates the necessary microclimate at production and storage facilities;
- improves hygienic condition of the premises;
- saves energy.
Our desiccant dehumidifiers have already proven themselves efficient at many cheese factories.
These factories achieved the following economic and technological results: quicker drying of cheese at the stage of ripening, improvement of the product quality.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-26 13:40 author publisher Cheese production