Humidity control at the production of confectionery
The best way to solve problems in the production of confectionery
How to stop the processes which deteriorate the quality of confectionery during production?
How to retain the quality of equipment and minimize its idle time?
How to improve long-term storage and increase shelf-life of confectionery?
In order to achieve all these goals, it is necessary to reach the optimum humidity during production and storage of products!
The quality of confectionery: chocolates, candies, marshmallow, candy floss, chewing gum, toffee, etc. – deteriorates in the presence of moisture in the areas of
The quality of pastry: cookies, ginger-bread cookies, waffles, cakes, sponge-cakes, etc. – deteriorates in the presence of moisture in the areas of
Technologically, in these areas it is necessary to dry air to ensure high quality of the finished product.
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- Formation of condensed moisture on the surface of production equipment (cooling rollers and tunnels) and at production facilities.
- Adhesion of the packaging material to the product.
- Development of mildew and bacteria on products, at production and storage facilities.
- Clumping and sticking together of hygroscopic products (sugar, cocoa powder, dry cream (in powder), flour, etc.) during pneumatic transportation.
- Emergency stops of production lines.
- Failures of electronic and electrical systems.
- Quicker deterioration of bearing constructions of buildings.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by dessicant method during production and storage of confectionery.
This problem is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group, which is confirmed by their successful usage in the production of confectionery.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group, European manufacturer of high-tech industrial desiccant dehumidifiers well-accounted for in many industries, produces the most advanced equipment for the effective control of air humidity during production and storage of confectionery.
The desiccant rotor technology of air drying at production and storage facilities maintains the recommended relative humidity and necessary airflow conditions:
|Stages of production / storage||The relative humidity, RH,%||Temperature conditions, ° C.|
|Glazing (drying)||up to 75%||up to 18°С|
|Cooling (in cooling tunnels)||up to 45%||8-10°С|
|Cooling (with rollers)||up to 40%||10°С|
|Conditioning / Drying:|
|– marshmallow, marmalade, chewing gum||up to 60%||35-40°С|
|Pre-packing / packaging|
|– chocolate;||40-50%||18 – 20°С|
|– other confectionery||30-40%||21 – 24°С|
|Storage of hygroscopic products (sugar, cocoa powder, dry cream (in powder), flour, etc.).||45-55%||20-22°С|
|Storage of finished products|
|– chocolate;||up to 60%||18°С|
|– candies||70-75%||18 С|
Desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group will effectively control the preset humidity mode at any temperatures.
Installation of DT Group equipment
- prevents formation of condensed moisture;
- reduces the volume of waste at production;
- prevents products from sticking onto the conveyor;
- solves problems at pre-packing and packaging;
- prevents mildew;
- reduces idle time of equipment caused by emergency stops;
- creates the necessary microclimate at production and storage facilities;
- saves energy.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-26 11:13 author publisher Confectionery