Humidity control in the process of freezing food
The best way to solve problems in the process of freezing food
How to stop the processes which deteriorate the quality of frozen foods?
How to maintain the equipment and minimize its idle time?
How to improve the long-term storage of frozen foods?
In order to achieve all these goals, it is necessary to reach the optimum humidity during the production of frozen foods!
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- formation of condensed moisture on cold surfaces of production equipment;
- need for frequent defrosting of freezers;
- formation of ice on product;
- formation of condensed moisture on evaporators of refrigerating equipment;
- wet corrosion on the surfaces of metal constructions;
- development of mildew and bacteria on products and in warehouses;
- quicker deterioration of bearing constructions of buildings;
- deterioration of finished products, materials and packaging;
- failures of electronic and electrical systems.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by dessicant method during storage.
This problem is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group, which is confirmed by their successful usage in the processes of freezing and storing food.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group, European manufacturer of high-tech industrial desiccant dehumidifiers, well-accounted for in many industries, produces the most advanced equipment for the effective control of humidity during freezing and storage of foodstuffs.
Using the desiccant rotor technology of air drying maintains the recommended relative air humidity and the necessary airflow conditions during production and storage of frozen foods.
Options for the installation of a desiccant dehumidifier
- Freezers without an airlock chamber
Frequently, entrances to freezers of tunnel or spiral conveyors are constructed without an airlock chamber. In this case, to reduce the amount of moisture in the freezer, it is necessary to control areas where it enters and exits the freezing zone.
- Freezes equipped with an airlock chamber
It is much easier and more efficient to control humidity in the freezer if it is equipped with an airlock chamber. Air is dried in the airlock chamber, so moisture does not get uncontrollably into the freezer.
Installation of DT Group equipment
- prevents formation of condensed moisture;
- prevents mildew and bacteria growth;
- prevents corrosion;
- retains quality of finished products, materials and packaging;
- creates the necessary microclimate at production and storage facilities;
- saves energy;
- improves hygienic condition of the premises;
- increases lifespan of bearing constructions of buildings.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-25 12:11 author publisher Frozen food