Humidity control at the production of ice cream
The best way to solve problems at the production of ice cream
How to stop the processes which deteriorate the quality of ice cream during production?
How to retain the quality of equipment and minimize its idle time?
How to improve long-term storage of ice cream?
In order to achieve all these goals, it is necessary to reach the optimum humidity at the production of ice-cream!
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- formation of condensed moisture on cold surfaces of production equipment;
- need for frequent defrosting of freezers;
- adhesion of waffle to the forms;
- formation of ice on the product.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by dessicant method with the help of a dehumidifier for freezers.
Desiccant Technologies Group, European manufacturer of high-tech industrial dehumidifiers, well-accounted for in many industries, has developed the most advanced model of the desiccant dehumidifier DryFrost for effective humidity control at the production of ice cream at extremely low temperatures.
|Supply of dry air to the entrance/ exit airlock chambers of the freezer allows to minimize the possibility of penetration of moisture in it (see Scheme 1).|
|If there is no airlock chamber, dry air can be blown directly onto the surface of heat exchange surface of the evaporator (see Scheme 2).|
The advantages of desiccant rotor DryFrost – reduction of costs and continuity of production at the most difficult stage!
Hardening of ice cream is the process of freezing the product in special freezers using the technology of “shock freezing”. This stage is the most expensive.
The formation of ice accretion and frequent defrosting of freezers are simply unacceptable!
How to minimize costs?
- Dehumidifier DryFrost significantly reduces maintenance costs and drastically increases continuous operation of the freezer.
- Return-on-investment of the desiccant dehumidifierDryFrost is extremely rapid.
- Competitor models tend to lose in range of working temperatures and reliability.
Let’s prove by an example.
Camera of hardening 7,3х3,9х4м (waffle cone, 5000 portions / hour).
Before installation of the dehumidifier DryFrost:
– temperature in the camera – -40˚С.
– hardening time– 30 minutes.
– energy consumption of two screw compressors – 160-170 kW/h.
– defrosting of evaporators- once a day.
After installation of the dehumidifier DryFrost:
– energy consumption – 70-75 kW/h.
– defrosting of evaporators – once per 8 days.
- Energy consumption (maintenance costs) decreased by 2 -2.4 times.
- Period of continuous work of the freezer increased by 8 times.
Pay attention! There is no need for the second compressor.
Desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group will effectively control the preset humidity mode at any temperatures.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-26 11:29 author publisher Ice cream