Humidity control at the production of beer
The best way to solve problems during the production of beer and storage of beer malt
How to improve the processes of beer production?
How to prevent formation of condensed moisture /mildew and fungus?
How to protect equipment from condensed moisture and corrosion?
How to improve the microclimate at production and storage facilities?
In order to achieve these goals, it is necessary to reach the optimum air humidity!
At breweries, the problem of excessive humidity appears if there is moisture in the areas of
- boiling beer wort with hop;
- cooling / aeration and filtration of wort;
- bottling shop;
- storage of dry hygroscopic ingredients (when moisture content in granulated malt and hop increases from 3-4% to 5-6% they lose fragility);
- at the stage of sticking labels on the bottles.
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- formation of condensed moisture on the surface of production equipment and production facilities;
- failures of electronic and electrical systems;
- emergency stops of production lines;
- development of mildew and bacteria;
- labels are difficult to stick on and they slip off;
- quicker deterioration of bearing constructions of buildings.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by dessicant method during the production of beer.
This problem is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group, which is confirmed by their successful usage at breweries of Ukraine.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group, European manufacturer of high-tech industrial desiccant dehumidifiers well-accounted for in many industries, produces the most advanced equipment for the effective control of air humidity.
The desiccant rotor technology of air drying at storages of malt in bulk in layers of 3-4 m high or at silos at the temperature below 20 ° C allows to achieve the recommended relative humidity RH <40%.
Installation of DT Group equipment
- prevents formation of condensed moisture;
- prevents mildew;
- prevents clumping, sticking together of hygroscopic products;
- improves quality of the manufactured products;
- reduces idle time of equipment caused by emergency stops of production lines;
- creates the necessary microclimate at production and storage facilities;
- saves energy;
- improves hygienic conditions of the premises.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-26 12:06 author publisher Production of beer