Humidity control at the production of sugar
The best way to solve the problems at the production of sugar
How to stop the processes which deteriorate the quality of sugar during production?
How to improve the long-term storage of sugar?
How to retain the quality of equipment and minimize its idle time?
In order to achieve all these goals, it is necessary to reach the optimum humidity during sugar-production!
Quality of sugar deteriorates in the presence of moisture at the following stages of production:
|Granulated sugar||Lump sugar|
|· transportation of sugar by belt conveyor to sugar silos or storages||· transportation of sugar by belt conveyor to sugar silos or storages|
|· drying||· pressing of lump sugar mixture|
|· cooling||· drying of sugar-bricks|
|· storage||· pre-packing and storage of sugar|
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- Sintering, caramelization of sugar during processing.
- Clumping and sticking together during transportation and packaging of sugar.
- Formation of condensed moisture on the inside walls and roofs of storage facilities.
- Development of mildew at the production and storage facilities.
- Emergency stops of production lines.
- Wet corrosion on the surface of metal constructions.
- Failures of electronic and electrical systems.
- Quicker deterioration of bearing constructions of buildings.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by dessicant method during production and storage of sugar. During the production of sugar the recommended relative humidity is 30% – 50%. During storage of sugar, the recommended relative humidity is 50% at the air temperature of 24 ° C.
This task is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group are the most advanced equipment for the effective control of air humidity at any temperatures. Their efficiency has been proved at the production and storage of sugar.
Using the dessicant method during production process maintains the recommended relative humidity and the necessary airflow conditions.
Installation of DT Group equipment
- retains quality of products and packaging;
- reduces the volume of waste at production – prevents sintering, caramelization, clumping during processing of sugar;
- prevents mildew and bacteria growth;
- prevents formation of condensed moisture;
- prevents corrosion;
- creates the necessary microclimate at production and storage facilities;
- reduces idle time caused by stops in the equipment operation;
- improves hygienic condition of the premises;
- increases lifespan of bearing constructions of buildings.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-25 19:56 author publisher Sugar