Humidity control at the maintenance of ice arenas and skating rinks
The best way to solve problems at the maintenance of ice arenas and rinks
How to create an optimum indoor climate at ice arenas and skating rinks?
How to create and maintain a high-quality ice surface?
How to reduce maintenance costs of ice arenas and skating rinks?
In order to achieve all these goals, it is necessary to reach the optimum humidity at ice arenas and rinks!
High humidity is a problem for any indoor ice arena. Sources of moisture are outside air and evaporation after resurfacing of the skating rink. Most of the moisture comes with the outside air through the ventilation system, spaces in between building constructions, doors, etc.
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- formation of mist / water vapor over the surface of the rink;
- deterioration of quality of ice;
- increase of maintenance costs;
- failures of electronic and electrical systems.
- formation of condensed moisture on the inside walls and roof of the arena;
- wet corrosion on the surface of metal constructions;
- development of mildew and bacteria;
- fogging of glass constructions and arena boards.
- quicker deterioration of bearing constructions of arena or skating rink.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by dessicant method during maintenance of ice arenas and rinks. The acceptable relative humidity at ice arenas is between 30-50% depending on the air temperature.
This task is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Using the dessicant technology during maintenance of ice arenas and rinks, provides constant control of relative humidity and maintains the necessary airflow conditions at low temperatures.
Desiccant Technologies Group is European manufacturer of high-tech dessicant dehumidifiers.
Desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group are the newest equipment for the effective control of air humidity at any temperatures.
Installation of DT Group equipment
- creates the necessary microclimate at ice arenas and skating rinks;
- improves quality of ice;
- prevents formation of mist and water vapors;
- prevents formation of condensed moisture;
- prevents wet metal corrosion;
- prevents development of mildew and bacteria;
- prevents failures of electrical equipment;
- maximizes lifespan of equipment;
- increases lifespan of bearing constructions of ice arenas and rinks;
- reduces maintenance costs;
- improves hygienic condition of the premises;
- increases lifespan of bearing constructions of buildings.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-25 11:01 author publisher Ice arenas and skating rinks