Humidity control at the storage of fertilizers
and chemical means of plant protection
The best way to solve problems in the process of storage
How to improve storage conditions of mineral fertilizers and chemical means of plant protection?
How to stop the processes which impair the quality of products during storage?
How to reduce servicing and maintenance costs of warehouses?
In order to achieve all these goals, it is necessary to control humidity!
Mineral fertilizers and chemical means of plant protection usually consist of small-fraction materials that are harmful to personnel of warehouses and damage buildings.
While being packaged and loaded, free-running small-fraction materials accumulate on constructions in the form of dust and penetrate into pores of construction materials as solution which is formed under high relative humidity in the premises and due to high water absorbency of certain salts.
The impact level of mineral fertilizers’ dust depends on their kind and water absorbency, solubility and dispersity in water, the intensity of air exchange, and most importantly, on humidity and temperature.
Corrosion of porous materials under the action of salts is most severe in constructions which are subject to repeated wetting and drying.
Due to the fact that fertilizers are highly hygroscopic, i.e. have the property to actively absorb moisture from air, they can become compressed and stick into lumps.
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- Development of condensation on the inside walls and roofs of storage faciliies.
- Clumping, sticking together of hygroscopic products – fertilizers
- Some chemicals become dangerous and unsuitable for further use.
- Risk of formation of an explosive mixture during storage of nitrate-based fertilizers.
- Development of mildew and bacteria on products and in warehouses.
- Development of wet corrosion on the surfaces of metal constructions.
- Quicker deterioration of bearing constructions of buildings.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by desiccant method in the process of storage of fertilizers and chemical means of plant protection.
This problem is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group.
Places where desiccant dehumidifiers should be used:
- Floor standing storage (storage of fertilizers in bulk and in containers).
- Silos and silo housing (storage of fertilizers which do not compress – granulated fertilizers, phosphoritic, lime and dolomite flour, etc.).
- Packaging in bags, containers for fertilizers and chemical pesticides.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group is European manufacturer of high-tech desiccant dehumidifiers.
Desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group are the most advanced equipment for the effective control of air humidity at any temperatures, well-accounted for at storage of fertilizers and chemical means of plant protection.
The desiccant rotor technology of air drying in the storage areas of fertilizers and chemical means of plant protection maintains the recommended relative humidity at the level of 40% and necessary airflow conditions.
Installation of DT Group Industrial Desiccant dehumidifiers
- retains quality of fertilizers, chemical means of plant protection, and packaging;
- prevents mildew/bacteria growth;
- prevents formation of condensed moisture;
- prevents corrosion;
- creates the necessary microclimate in the storage areas;
- improves hygienic conditions of the premises;
- increases lifespan of bearing constructions of buildings.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-27 11:12 author publisher Fertilizers