Humidity control in museums and archives
The best way to solve problems in archives, exhibition halls, museum repositories
How to create an optimum microclimate in archives, exhibition halls and museum repositories?
What equipment should be installed to avoid high fixed costs for rehabilitation and reconstruction of valuable exhibits, paintings, books and documents?
In order to achieve these goals, it is necessary to strictly control humidity while storing records, books, literature and valuable museum exhibits!
Using desiccant rotor technology in storage areas allows to maintain recommended relative humidity and necessary air-flowconditions.
The recommended microclimatic parameters for optimal storage conditions of museum exhibits:
|Object||The relative humidity, RH,%||Temperature conditions, ° C.|
|Objects made of bone, including ivory||45–65||19–24|
|Disks, magnetic tape||40–60||10–21|
|Photos (black and white)||20–30||2-20|
|Insects and entomological collections||40–60||19-24|
|Eastern lacquer paints||50–60||19-24|
|Paintings on canvas||35–50||19-24|
These tasks are solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group.
Desiccant Technologies Group is European producer of high-tech dehumidifiers.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group are the newest equipment for the effective control of humidity of air at any temperatures.
Installation of DT Group Industrial Desiccant dehumidifiers
- reduces the costs of rehabilitation and reconstruction of museum exhibits and archives;
- creates the necessary microclimate in museums and archives;
- prevents development of mildew on the walls of museum repositories and archives;
- improves the hygienic condition of premises;
- increases lifespan of bearing constructions of buildings.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group
2015-05-27 13:26 author publisher Museums and archives