Humidity control at the storage in refrigerating chambers
and cool warehouses
The best way to solve problems in the process of storage
How to stop the processes which deteriorate the quality of products during storage?
How to reduce energy consumption of a warehouse since its construction and during maintenance?
How to improve storage conditions?
In order to achieve these goals, it is necessary to reach the optimum humidity in the warehouse!
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- Formation of condensed moisture on the inside walls and roofs of storage premises.
- Formation of condensed moisture on the evaporators of refrigerating equipment.
- Development of wet corrosion on the surface of metal constructions.
- Development of mildew and bacteria on products and in warehouses.
- Clumping, sticking together of hygroscopic products, substances and materials.
- Deterioration of finished products, materials and packaging.
- Risk of formation of an explosive mixture during storage of nitrate-based fertilizers.
- Failure of electronic and electrical systems.
- Quicker deterioration of bearing constructions of buildings.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by desiccant method in the process of storage.
This problem is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group, which is confirmed by their successful usage in food, chemical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, consumer goods and defense industries.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group, European manufacturer of high-tech industrial dehumidifiers, well-accounted for in many industries, produces the most advanced equipment for the effective control of humidity at storage of products and equipment.
Using the desiccant rotor technology of air drying in the places of storage maintains the recommended relative humidity and necessary airflow conditions at storage of different products and materials:
|Products/materials||The relative humidity for storage, RH,%|
|Storage of unpackaged meat:
– short-term storage,
– long-term storage.
|Storage of meat and by-products in blocks|
|Storage of chilled meat|
|Storage of half-smoked products||75-78|
|Storage of smoked products||23-35|
|Storage of boiled-smoked products||75-78|
|Storage of natural herbs and spices||70-75|
|Storage of auxiliary materials:
– nets, loops, covers;
|Storage of covers:
– natural and collagen, fibrous, polyamide and cellulose
|Condensed milk with sugar||70-80|
|Condensed cream with sugar||65-75|
|Dry milk products||Up to 75|
|Cheese – storage in refrigerators up to 12 months.||75-80|
|Medicines in the form of syrups, capsules||30-45|
Desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group will effectively control the preset humidity mode at any temperatures.
Installation of DT Group Industrial Desiccant dehumidifiers
- prevents the formation of condensed moisture;
- prevents mildew/bacteria growth;
- prevents corrosion;
- retains quality of finished products, materials and packaging;
- creates the necessary microclimate in production and storage facilities;
- saves energy;
- improves hygienic conditions of the premises;
- increases lifespan of bearing constructions of buildings.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-27 10:38 author publisher refrigerating chambers and cool warehouses