In ship repair, shipbuilding industry.
In transportation of cargoes by sea.
The best way to solve problems in ship repair, shipbuilding industry, and in transportation of cargoes by sea
How to reduce idle time of tankers in ports during the drying of cargo holds prior to loading / unloading?
How to reduce maintenance and repair costs for ships?
How to reduce the costs of preservation of ships, oil derricks and tankers?
How to stop corrosion during preservation?
How to ensure safety of products and retain their quality during voyages?
In order to achieve all these goals, it is essential to control humidity!
While a ship is in the open sea, the temperature decreases, the air in the cargo compartment becomes colder, which leads to increase of the relative humidity inside – often to a dew point when water vapor begins to condense.
Quality of the transported goods, such as coffee, tea, tobacco, grains, paper and various hygroscopic materials, deteriorate because of the excessive moisture during long voyages.
It is recommended to use dehumidified air in the following areas of the vessel:
- cargo holds;
- engine room;
- cabin on the upper deck;
- pump room;
- steering wheel area/ captain’s bridge.
It is also recommended to use dehumidified air for long-term preservation of ships, oil derricks and tankers.
Uncontrolled humidity causes the following problems:
- It damages food cargoes, materials and packaging.
- It creates condensed moisture on the inner surfaces of holds.
- It prompts development of mildew and bacteria on the transported cargoes.
- It causes development of wet metal corrosion.
- It leads to failures of electrical equipment.
Today, the best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by desiccant drying/dehumidifation!
This task is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group which is confirmed by their successful experience in shipbuilding and ship repair industries, and also, in transportation of cargoes by sea.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group, European manufacturer of high-tech industrial dehumidifiers well-accounted for in many industries, produces the most advanced equipment for the effective control of air humidity.
Using drying technology in storage areas allows to maintain the recommended relative humidity and necessary air flow conditions during transportation of different goods and materials.
|Products/Materials||The optimum relative humidity, RH,%||Temperature conditions, ° C.|
Desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group will effectively control the preset humidity mode at any temperatures.
Installation of DT Group Industrial Desiccant dehumidifiers
- Retains the quality of the transported food products and materials.
- Prevents development of wet metal corrosion.
- Prevents development of mildew and bacteria on the transported goods.
- Prevents failures of electrical equipment.
- Reduces the drying time of the holds.
- Reduces the idle time of tankers in ports while drying cargo holds prior to loading / unloading.
- Reduces maintenance and repair costs for vessels.
- Creates the necessary microclimate in holds and compartments of vessels.
- Reduces the preservation costs of ships, oil derricks and tankers.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-27 10:45 author publisher Shipbuilding