Humidity control at the storage and preservation of defense technology and equipment
The best way to solve problems at the storage and preservation of defense technology and equipment
How to increase serviceability of defense technology and equipment?
How to stop development of corrosion during storage and preservation of defense technology and equipment?
How to protect weapons and ammunition from corrosion during storage?
How to reduce maintenance and repair costs of defense technology and equipment?
How to reduce costs of preservation of defense technology and equipment?
In order to achieve these goals, it is necessary to choose an effective way to preserve and store defense technology and equipment that will provide the best protection of corrosive surfaces from excessive humidity!
Almost all components of defense technology and equipment are subject to corrosion!
Weapons and ammunition as well as almost all elements of defense technology listed below need protection from negative effects of moisture during their storage
- helicopters and others
Defense technology and equipment, weapons and ammunition need protection from corrosion and negative impact of higher humidity during
- long-term idle time of weapons and equipment;
- storage of weapons and equipment in stationary and field conditions;
- preservation of military equipment;
- repairs and stops;
- warehouse storage of military weapons and ammunition.
Uncontrolled humidity is the main reason for development of corrosion, and, as the consequence, for destruction of surfaces of units and mechanisms of defense technology and equipment.
The best solution for preservation of defense technology and equipment is the system of dry preservation which uses the method of adsorption and installation of dessicant equipment.
The preservation by dry air suggests complete removal of moisture from the preserved volume and decrease of the relative humidity below 40%. Under these conditions, all units, components, tools and parts are safely protected against corrosion. To exclude the occurrence of “dead zones” during preservation by dry air, special attention should be paid to the productivity of the dehumidifier, which allows to create the necessary speed of air flows and the optimum scheme of preservation.
The desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group maintain the recommended relative humidity and necessary air flow conditions during preservation of technology and equipment. It prevents development of corrosion and mildew.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group, European manufacturer of high-tech industrial dehumidifiers, well-accounted for in many industries, produces the most advanced equipment for the effective control of humidity at storage and preservation of defense technology and equipment.
Installation of DT Group Industrial Desiccant dehumidifiers
- increases technical readiness of defense technology and equipment;
- prevents condensation;
- prevents corrosion;
- reduces costs of preservation of equipment;
- increases productivity of air-drying equipment;
- reduces the drying time of the preserved equipment;
- creates the necessary microclimate for preservation;
- increases the serviceability of defense technology and equipment;
prevents development of mildew in the places of storage of military ammunition.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-27 11:16 author publisher storage and preservation of defense technology and equipment