Humidity control at the storage of furs and fur goods
The best way to solve problems in the process of storage.
How to achieve better results at the storage of fur and fur goods?
In order to achieve this goal, it is necessary to reach optimum humidity during storage!
Uncontrolled humidity creates the following problems:
- Deterioration of finished fur goods.
- Development of moth and leather beetles.
- Development of mildew and bacteria on finished goods and in warehouses.
- Formation of condensed moisture on the inside walls and roofs of warehouses.
- Development of wet corrosion on the surfaces of metal constructions.
- Quicker deterioration of bearing constructions of buildings.
The best solution to these problems is to remove excessive moisture by desiccant method in the process of storage. At storage, furs require the humidity level of not 45 to 65% at the air temperature of + 2 to + 4˚C.
This problem is solved by desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group, which is confirmed by their successful usage in warehouses.
The advantages of desiccant dehumidifiers of Desiccant Technologies Group
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation at low temperatures.
- Easy installation.
- Small size and low weight.
- Possibility to fully automate the process of humidity control.
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminum zinc).
- Compliance with all acting Directives and quality standards of the EU.
Desiccant Technologies Group is European manufacturer of high-tech dehumidifiers.
Desiccant dehumidifiers of DT Group are the most advanced equipment for the effective control of air humidity during the storage of furs and fur goods.
Using the desiccant rotor technology of air drying in the places of storage provides strict control of the relative air humidity and creates the necessary airflow conditions at storage.
Installation of DT Group Industrial Desiccant dehumidifiers
- creates the necessary microclimate in the places of storage;
- retains quality of the finished fur products;
- prevents development of moth and leather beetles;
- prevents mildew and bacteria growth;
- improves hygienic condition of the premises;
- prevents formation of condensed moisture;
increases lifespan of bearing constructions of buildings.
The air which should be dehumidified (process air) goes through the desiccant rotor. Water molecules are adsorbed in a special silicagel rotor.
Desiccant rotor is regenerated by the second air stream preheated to 90-140 °C. Moisture is removed from the premises in the form of warm moist air.
Industrial desiccant dehumidifier DT Group2015-05-27 13:03 author publisher storage of furs and fur goods